[AMPS] AL-1200 Blower

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL-1200 Blower
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:13:58 -0500
Is it possible to modify the AL-1200 blower such that the blower winding is
in series with the HV transformer primary winding as Alpha does with their
older amps?  In effect, as the R.F. output power and duty cycle of the amp
increases, so does primary AC current and thus the blower's velocity
increases.  For low duty-cycle operation (SSB w/o voice processor), the
blower runs at a lower speed.  As the duty cycle increases with modes like
CW, and especially RTTY, the blower delivers more air "on demand."

-Paul, W9AC