[AMPS] voltage equalizer/bleeder string resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] voltage equalizer/bleeder string resistors
From: k5and@ga.prestige.net (Dick Hanson)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:31:09 -0500
 Hi.....
 I know there has been a lot of discussion in the past on the subject of
what
 type of resistor to use across the filter caps. I concluded that the
 consensus (remarkable though that may seem) was that some sort of
 silicon-coated, 5 watt, wirewound units were the resistor of choice. The
 resistance could be in the 50-75k range, assuming the E across each one was
 somewhere around 300-400V.
 My question is about pricing/sourcing.
 I have found some of these units (Vishay/Dale type CW, with 1000V rating)
at
 Allied for $.82 each in quantities of 100 or more. Does this sound about
 right?
 Thanks