[AMPS] Alpha

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 00:49:59 -0500
At 10:57 PM -0500 2000/12/28, Bob Marston wrote:
> . . . most hams are too
>rich and too lazy to attempt to build their own amp....

I understand your sentiment and share it to some extent, but I also think
you're being unfair.  Life is too short for any of us to learn and do
everything.  A person must set priorities and make choices.  Some of us
have designed and built things more challenging than amps.  Some of us
study propagation.  Others work on digital signal-processing.  For others
it's antennas.  Some of us restore boat-anchors.  There's more to hamming
than amps.  Just because a ham buys rather than builds an amp doesn't mean
he's lazy.

73 de Chuck W1HIS