[AMPS] Additional Tube Brand Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Additional Tube Brand Question
From: k5go@alltel.net (Stan Stockton)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:57:34 -0600
Without question, replace the power supply with something a lot heavier
and with more plate voltage than the original.  Remember that it was
designed when the legal limit was about 40% (1000W INPUT) of what it is
now.  However, if you run it at that level, it will probably last a long
time.  I had the original power supply in one catch on fire while a
guest operator was working the Phone Sweepstakes Contest in about 1984.
Now have HB supplies with about 3600V and the amplifier puts out 1500W
with 100W or less drive.  Good idea to put a muffin fan on the top
cabinet above each tube blowing up.  Otherwise, you can cook breakfast
on the top cabinet.