[AMPS] Low capacitance filament transformers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Low capacitance filament transformers
From: ve3zi@hotmail.com (Roger P)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 00:24:20
I am currently having fun modifying a CSI 1kW 100MHz fm transmitter for
40-80-160m. This TX uses an 8877 in gg. It has a standard, not low
capacitance, filament transformer, there is NO filament choke, and the
filament is decoupled to ground. It presumably relies on heater/cathode
insulation for isolation. It doesn't seem to be particularly good practice
and I am fitting a choke, but there are dozens of these transmitters out
there which have been working continuously for decades.

73 Roger
VE3ZI
(In pleasantly cool Northern Ontario)

To: <amps@contesting.com>