[AMPS] Faulty sub receiver in the FT1000MP question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Faulty sub receiver in the FT1000MP question
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (Hans Goldschmidt)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 21:24:05 +0000
Am  trying to repair my friends FT 1000MP . No monitor function and does not
receive on sub vfo. However, transmits on B vfo. Tried to reset the rig as
shown in the manual but no result.

Any hints?
Any hidden service menu?
Any known faults - like an underrated component?
Where in Japan can I buy a new board cheaper than in the UK or USA - email
adress?

The FT900 has a much better ergonomy and is easier to handle than the
FT1000MP. The MP is for the contest man  - not a DX:er like me.

hw?

73s de Hans SM5KI