[AMPS] linear amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] linear amps
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:36:18 +0100
Hi Tom,

if I remember correctly, the inherent feedthrough capacitance for a 4cx1000
in a common grid configuration is less than 0.01 pF, formerly 0.00 pf.
In my experience the 4cx1000 stability problems are in the grounding of
screen.
Or one uses the 4cx1000k (expensive and not final since the capacitor may
suffer damages) or one modifies the socket to directly grounding the screen
contacts to amp. chassis, of course doing what's proper to re-establish the
correct polarization for the tube.
Concerning the coaxial line lenght I agree with your comment.

73,
Mauri I4JMY