[AMPS] neutralizing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] neutralizing
From: RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net (Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:24:19 -0800
There is no reason that all amps, GG or otherwise, can't be or shouldn't
be neutralizied.  At the same time one must understand that while some
tube and circuit designs are known to function quite well without
neutraliziation, others (those where there is a high grid to anode C
value) do require it.

However, don't confuse the need for neutralization with the need for
parasitic suppression.  They aren't the same by a long shot.
Unfortunately, both show up as an instability......flash, bang!

To see if neutralization is required, a study of IMD products must be
undertaken.

A truly stable amp must be able to operate without any evidence of
instability regardless of the input load or output load and with any
combination of tuning adjustments.  Stable is stable.

73
Bob K4TAX