[AMPS] SB-220: Operate/Standby Switch

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220: Operate/Standby Switch
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:15:57 -0000
Rich said:

>What is needed is a Stepstart.

I feel that this applies to more than the SB220, and is desirable on any
amplifier above the 500 watt or so level. Having said that, the cost when you're
building a commercial amplifier has to be considered, and it's obviously cheaper
to use a switch and sell spares. If you amortize costs over the years, it may
well be cheaper for the customer too. Hams can be very tight fisted.......

But as an 'add on' to a commercial amp, or in a home brew amp, I'd argue that
step start is very highly desirable. To the point where it can be considered
mandatory.

73

Peter G3RZP