[AMPS] Dayton blower motor

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dayton blower motor
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:59:29 -0500
I can't find any sign of an oil hole on the Dayton Mod 4C006B blower motor
in my three-months-old Henry amp.  What do you make of this?  I don't
recall seeing a motor this size (1/40 HP, IIRC) without oil holes.  Ted
Shannon (Henry) says that there should be arrows on the blower model-number
label pointing to the oil holes.  But there are no arrows on the
model-number label on my motor.  Is it possible that Dayton has begun
making motors that don't need to be lubed by the user?  I tried to find a
Dayton website without success.

-Chuck W1HIS