[AMPS] k2riw 2m amp!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] k2riw 2m amp!
From: drkirkby@ntlworld.com (David Kirkby)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 22:46:54 +0000
Thomas haglund wrote:

> hello! i just bought a 145 mhz,Built acording to k2riw. tube amp with dual
> 4cx250b,is there any GOOD internet sites with info and mods for those amps ?
> what is the maximum power output for it and so on ?
>
> //Thomas
>
> SM7TVJ
Unless there is obscure amplifier design by K2RIW for 2m which I don't
know of, the normal K2RIW is for 70 cm, not 2 m.

The 4CX250B is rated for 300 W up to 175 MHz, if memory servers me
correct. 2000 V at 250 mA per tube should give an input power of 500 W
and 300 W output. My own experience of a dual 4CX250B amp on 2m was very
close to this. There is a data sheet for the Eimac 4CX250B on my web
site - see below.

--
Dr. David Kirkby Ph.D,
email: drkirkby@ntlworld.com