[AMPS] Tube X-Ray Emission

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tube X-Ray Emission
From: Uwe.Egen@t-online.de (Uwe Egen)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 14:03:13 +0100
Firson Maryutenli schrieb:

> I was read in old tube warning massage that in tube electron emission
> contain a X-ray emission too. How this X-Ray emission intensity ?,
> is it dangerous when we are using large tube ??.
>
> Salam dari Jakarta
> Firson - YD1BIH

Hi Firson,
inside tubes it it always possible to generate X-Ray`s. It depends at
mechanical construction, material and most speed up the electrons
above a spec level using higher plate voltage.
If you use the max values from the tube manufactory there is no
danger for you.
Old fashioned glass tubes need more plate voltage as modern tubes to
get the desired power level because the cathodes are less effective
in emission.
The X-Ray emission starts around 5 kV in the 1kw level (Philips/Valvo).
Keep cool, a simple color TV set is using 15 to 25 kV without any danger.
Uwe, DL9NC