[AMPS] Re: 4-1000A Project

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: 4-1000A Project
From: DF3KV@aol.com (DF3KV@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:30:19 EDT

--part1_c9.eaf86ee.27fde98b_boundary

Jon,

I run my 3 holer on all bands with almost same efficiency.
A little bit less on 10m, 160 is omitted.
With the 3 tubes I have a nice match without input tuning circuits.

Tank circuit Q is 21 on 10m, 18 on 15m, between 12 and 15 on other bands.
Coil material on 10 to 20 is coppertube 12mm diameter, 9mm on the
other bands.
The total minimum effective plate C is 45pf.
I do not use the step-down coil for 10m (Pi-L) as there is no space for it.

Since I got a digital camera lately, I will upload some pictures with details
pretty soon.
Will send a scan of an old paper-pictures to your email-adress for
an impression.

Also visited the homepage with the fotos of your amplifier,
the B&W Pi to me looks as a 852.

73 de Peter, DF3KV

--part1_c9.eaf86ee.27fde98b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Jon,
<BR>
<BR>I run my 3 holer on all bands with almost same efficiency.
<BR>A little bit less on 10m, 160 is omitted.
<BR>With the 3 tubes I have a nice match without input tuning circuits.
<BR>
<BR>Tank circuit Q is 21 on 10m, 18 on 15m, between 12 and 15 on other bands.
<BR>Coil material on 10 to 20 is coppertube 12mm diameter, 9mm on the
<BR>other bands.
<BR>The total minimum effective plate C is 45pf.
<BR>I do not use the step-down coil for 10m (Pi-L) as there is no space for it.
<BR>
<BR>Since I got a digital camera lately, I will upload some pictures with
details
<BR>pretty soon.
<BR>Will send a scan of an old paper-pictures to your email-adress for
<BR>an impression.
<BR>
<BR>Also visited the homepage with the fotos of your amplifier,
<BR>the B&amp;W Pi to me looks as a 852.
<BR>
<BR>73 de Peter, DF3KV
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_c9.eaf86ee.27fde98b_boundary--