[AMPS] HARRIS RF-110A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HARRIS RF-110A
From: yo9fzs@office.deck.ro (yo9fzs)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:34:44 +0300
Hello amps fellows,

I have the possibility to buy an used/deffective
Harris RF-110A HF amp.
It is from an aircraft and is equipped with the
RF-111 115V 3 phase 400 Hz power supply inside
and have missing the A5 DC Power Control and the
A6 APC-PPC Circuit PC boards.

Have 1800 hours on it and the 4CX1500B tubes
are 1977 made.

The OM have also the RF-131 Exciter (in good shape),
but no cables. All the service manuals are provided, so
the A5 and the A6 missing PC boards may be
home-made replaced. The price is good (to $300).

The service manual recommend replacing the tubes at
1000h time and specify that there can be used for
more time, but the screen current (for the same output)
will probably raise up. The OM said that being from
an aircraft, the linear was used on Tx only when the
plane were going up or at landing, near the airports,
so the effective use time is much lower than 1000
hours, the rest was on stand-by.

This can be true, but is there anyone having
experience regarding the 4CX1500B life time
and availability (pulls, used, prices)?
Anyone having experience with this linear?

I intend to build a separate power supply (220V 50 Hz
AC line here), but I'm also interested for info about
building power converter/inverter from 50 Hz AC single
phase (or from DC) to 3 phase 400 Hz.
Where on the www can I find such info?

Thanks, 73s,
Traian