[AMPS] 4CX350A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX350A
From: chg@logicio.com (Carsten Groen)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:04:32 +0200
I have used a amp based on 3 times 4CX350A on 2M moonbounce for several years.
The construction was originally from YU1AW, and was
shown in UKW-Berichte, using a stripline configuration. I ran the amplifier
with 2800VDC under full load, delivering approx 1600Watt
output (into a dummy load :-) The amp runs like a dream, and is still using the
same 3 tubes as when I built it 10 years ago.
If this is any good or not for your application, I don't know, as I said, it
has been running for many years for me on EME, with
very heavy use, most of the time it sat in the end of my garage, and it was
remote monitored from my shack (because of cable loss
and noise from the blower)

Regards,
  Carsten Groen, OZ9AAR
  www.logicio.com/cgroen