[AMPS] Re: bs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: bs
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 07:39:25 -0700

>>>Rich.   I, too, am tired of hearing this
>>
>>?   So killfile me.
>>

>Arrogance !
>
>Why ? Why should *we* have to "killfile" you, ...

?  This was only a suggestion, not a commandment.

>when you already know that
>most (all ?) here consider this on-going crap of yours to be trivial,
>pointless, and just plain bad manners.

?  Phil:  It seems somewhat doubtful that you read p.72 of the
aforementioned  *QST* article.

> It's doubtful you have any
>sympathizers here. Its likely that nearly everyone here reads these
>cry-baby posts of yours, roll their eyes and hit the delete key.

? Who or what is forcing the readers of such feculence to read things
they find repulsive?

>What a waste of your time - writing to no one.

?  I do not consider you a no one.

> We're not interested.

?  Congrats on being appointed group spokesperson, Phil.

>  You have no
>audience for this stuff anymore. You appear to have as little respect for
>yourself as you do for any one else.
>
>I don't recall Tom actually declaring himself an amp expert, ...

?  perhaps you need to read p.72?

> but according
>to the definition of "Expert" you posted,  that is exactly what he is.  So
>you finally agree... that he is an amp expert.  Finally !

?  Strike One

> You point to a
>statement on a page in magazine from nearly 10 years ago.  I can point to
>thousands of words written by you in articles in the years before that.
>You wrote some good stuff.

?  tnx

>And if only a few ideas out of the many you
>presented turned out to be controversial, consider yourself lucky.

?   No luck was involved since the main controversy - VHF parasitic
oscillation in HF and MF amplifiers - had been witnessed by all members
of QST's technical review group.  In my opinion,  this is the reason that
the October, 1988 article on parasitics was accepted for publication in
QST.  However, the subject was not brand new.  After the article was
published,  I learned that Messrs. F. E. Handy and  G. W. Fyler had
written about the phenomenon in the 1920s and 1930s.

>And that many articles written by the same person on the subject of amplifers,
>could only have been written by a person that considered himself an
>*expert* (as in *self proclaimed expert*).

?  As I have stated before, I am not an expert.  Some things I know
about linear amplifiers and some things I don't.   I am still learning.

cheers, Phil

>>>- can you give me hard , verifiable
>>>numbers about the change in resistance of Nichrome wire with frequency, in
>>>the range of, say, 30 MHz to 200MHz?
>>
>>?  Wes' (N7WS) measurements with a HP Z-analyzer indicate this
>>characteristic.  .  There is no conductor that exhibits an increase in
>>resistance as frequency decreases.
>>
>>>A reference will do, because if it's
>>>from your measurements, I would have to have it verufied.
>>
>>>CAn you also give a real quotation of the reputed statement? I have known
>>>you to be hasty and miss-interpret what you read.
>>>
>>?  True enough.  The chortlish statement is in the September, 1994 QST
>>under Technical Topics.  .  You can also read it in the Rebuttal on my
>>Web site.  If that's not good enough, I can mail you a xerox copy if you
>>like.
>>

>>cheers, Bill
>>

>>-  Rich..., 805.386.3734, www.vcnet.com/measures.
>>end