[AMPS] Voltage Doublers...thanks for the info.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Voltage Doublers...thanks for the info.
From: vk4tzl@bigpond.com (Glenn McNeil)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 12:45:47 +1000
To Rich, Dick, Steve and Ian...and any others I may have missed...

Thanks for all your input. Certainly there is more to FWD than I thought about.

Further delving into the transformers background at this end has come up with
the following :

Primary Resistance is 1.4 ohms
Secondary Resistance is 12 ohms
I intend to use 5 x 190uf 400v caps in each leg with 1N5408 diodes.
I'm only trying to run a single 4CX250R
After sifting through lots of paper, I have discovered that the no load
secondary voltage is 830 vac, up from my
approximate guess of 750 vac.
The transformer will only be supplying EHT...no other voltages.

I think Steve suggested a lash up first....my metalwork at this stage will
allow this.

I have a copy of a Yaesu power supply in one of their linears...not sure which
one, as I only have the relevant bit
after the transformer, which is very similar to what I have...850v with 100uf
500v caps....albeit I dont know what the
transformer specs are.

Anyway, now how to figure out how to load the lash up to see what I achieve.

73

Glenn
VK4TZL