[AMPS] Dayton, getting back from the "big wow..."

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dayton, getting back from the "big wow..."
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 22:24:47 -0700
-
Hello Amps Members,
-
Most of us attending Dayton this year are now back
home safe and warm.  All I can say as a first timer is
"wow..."
-
I saw at least five or six major amplifier mfgrs with
products on display, most with the covers off for
inspection.
I went with the express purpose of viewing these
dealer - mfgr's products and asking some questions.
-
It was my Dave (w8nf)'s great pleasure to meet
up with many of the amps members, I was sorry to
have missed some of  you.  I honestly tried to get
around more, but one can not expect to see everything
and everybody when so much is going on.
-
I'm working up some opinions and observations of
what I was able to see in the amplifiers on display. I
asked a lot of specific questions of why and how
and I'll report what the response was.  Even some
pictures will be available...
-
The only opinion I'll post now is that the Amateur
Amplifier business is very busy and competitive.
-
cheers
skipp   wv6f
-