[AMPS] Sucking instead of Blowing (was - This guy is gotta be kidding!)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Sucking instead of Blowing (was - This guy is gotta be kidding!)
From: Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 22:07:38 -0700
Hi Chris,

You are quite correct. I took a closer look at my L-7 last night, and indeed
the fan
is sucking air out rather than blowing it in. When I first looked at it, I
guess I just
assumed the air was moving the other way. Also, it looks like the only openings
in
the L-7 chassis, are the fan outlet on the back and the air inlet on the bottom
under
the tube sockets. So indeed, the L-7 chassis is pressurized (negative gauge
pressure
in this case), whereas the chassis on the SB-220, if memory serves correct, is
not (I
believe the case on the Heath is made with perforated sheet metal).

Still seems like the L-4B air system would be more effective with the glass
chimneys
and the blower, but I can't say for sure as I have never done any of the
calculations.
Another exercise for the student (me) I guess.

is made with ----- Original Message -----