[AMPS] 4cx250* amp building plans

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4cx250* amp building plans
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:32:54 +0100
Rich says:

>/\  A grid dissipation rating of 2w max. is not good news for g-g
>operation.  With Class AB1 grid-driven operation, grid dissipation is 0w.

We usually think of g-g as being AB2 with triodes or triode connected
tetrodes/pentodes. Does it have to be? I've never
seen an AB1 grounded grid design, but is there any reason why one couldn't drive
something like a 4CX250 in g-g and
keep it in AB1? I'd expect normal screen and grid voltages, and lower gain
caused by the NFB.

Or is there something blindingly obvious here that I've missed? - apart from the
fact that if you're going to the trouble of
providing  screen and bias supplies, passive grid has the advantage of not
needing tuned input?

73

Peter G3RZP