[AMPS] Chip Capacitors for Filament ,Grid, or Screen Bypass?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Chip Capacitors for Filament ,Grid, or Screen Bypass?
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:59:02 -0500
A couple of companies have high voltage HF chip caps that would work great.
Voltage ratings are into the kilowatt range.  They are design for these
sorts of applications.  One specifically is the MRI industry where the
frequency range is from about 8 to 120 MHz.

ATC (American Technical Ceramics) has them for sure.  Johanson Technologies
does advertise them in their catalog, but I believe that they aren't pushing
the product real hard.

I am sure there are others.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 6/6/01 11:02 AM, ToddRoberts2001@aol.com at ToddRoberts2001@aol.com
wrote:

> Has anyone used the newer ceramic chip capacitors for bypass applications in
> a Homebrew HFamplifier? I thought about using some in a G-G GS35b HF
> amplifier project for RF bypassing the cathode-filament circuit. I have seen
> .1 MFD ceramic chip capacitors with a 500 volt rating. These have a
> self-resonant frequency rating well into the GHz range. They should be
> excellent for RF coupling into the cathode circuit also. I think high-voltage
> RF Chip capacitors are being made nowadays. These should be much better than
> using the old mica blocks or ceramic discs for bypassing and coupling to the
> cathode circuit. 73 Todd WD4NGG .

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA