[AMPS] MHV Connectors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MHV Connectors
From: Wt8r@aol.com (Wt8r@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:44:35 EDT
In a message dated 6/13/01 2:35:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
n4kw@citrus.infi.net writes:

>  Any one using MHV connectors for their High Voltage connectors.  None of
>  the catalogs list the voltage/current ratings.
>  Any information would be appreciated.  73 Pete N4KW

Pete,

According to an Amphenol catalog which I have, the MHV is rated at 5KV, 5
Amps peak, 0-50 MHz.

I have used MHV connectors here for a 4KV supply for several  years with no
problems.  As with any other dangerous potential, care must be observed when
assembling the connectors and respect given to the mechanical qualities of
the connector.

73 de

Dave, WT8R