[AMPS] tvi.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] tvi.
From: carlseye@tampabay.rr.com (carl seyersdahl)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:56:22 -0400
 I thought this subject was  gone forever.
   A friend of mine has an amp, sb201, it works fine on 120 volt line, but
he changed it to 220 to get more stable line voltage.exciter and amp are
both grounded together to earth gnd. He states that now, even with the amp
turned off he gets tvi.If he disconnects the amp from the ac line the tvi
goes away. that amp is one I worked on many months ago and it was fine , on
120 vac. His 220 line is newly installed, I assume by an electrician, and I
will also have to assume he rewired the amp properly, or chances are it
wouldn't work at all. why , or how he's getting tvi is something I can't
quite see. This is another case of  " remote control repairing".
   can anyone offer any clues to a problem like this?? any help will be
appreciated!!!thanks!!
    carl / kz5ca