[AMPS] AM-6154 & AM-6155 Output Power after HAM Band Modifications???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AM-6154 & AM-6155 Output Power after HAM Band Modifications???
From: K7xq@aol.com (K7xq@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 18:55:27 EDT
Hello All,
I was wondering what the typical power output of a AM-6154 and AM-6155 are ??
There are many reporting that they can get a output as high as 450 watts (
including 432 MHz on the AM-6155 )!!! When I measured my AM-6154, I can only
get 300 watts Max.( I think this is the spec for the tube ). Is this because it
needs to be run with 220VAC instead of 110VAC or are these people overdriving
the tube ?? I am also have considerable difficulty with the AM-6155 getting
only 75 watts out with 110VAC. This includes the mods that include the Plate B+
5 turn RF Choke, brass input grid strip shaped in a "L", and power supply mods.
I dont think I will be able to go from 75 watts to 450 watts with just changing
from 110 VAC to 220 VAC.

Jeff K7XQ
http://members.aol.com/k7xq1/k7xq.html