[AMPS] about one of the latest v's

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] about one of the latest v's
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp s isaham)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:01:35 -0700
-
re: about the latest batch of v's going round...
-
This is worth a final comment. Right now
there are three major v's cruising around
the network big time.  One is the pesky
S-c-a-m-3-2 version, another is the ever no
fun k-a-k   w-o-r-m  version.
-
The latest problem arrives as an attachment
which is nothing but an install "exe" type
program.  Without going into details, this
latest install.exe type v is not seen by most
of the protection programs because of it's
approach.  I believe Norton set up the def
update which includes this third pest detection
ability with in the last week.
-
I'm receiving the number three pest about
three times a day.
-
The only posture you should take is to
delete all Emails with attachments unless
previously set up for sending by a known
person as expected.  One would hope
that person knows exactly what they are
sending you.
-
In the past, most of the V's we received
were from friends or people we know well.
-
chow for now
skipp
-