[AMPS] Water Cooling 2C39's

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Water Cooling 2C39's
From: phil@vaxxine.com (Phil (VA3UX))
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 10:29:30 -0400
--=====================_3100334==_.ALT

No personal experience here with your tubes or set-up, but lots of
experience with water treatment in industrial applications.  First, for
1200 volts I think that nearly any plastic tubing will be fine considering
the wall thickness of typical tubing.  Second, most water cooled tubes
assume the use low conductivity cooling water and a recirculating
system.  Bottled distilled or de-ionized water will typically have a
conductivity of well under 5 micromhos (quite often < 1 micromho).

Phil

At 04:57 AM 7/28/2001 -0400, K7xq@aol.com wrote:
>Hello All,
>Have a question on water cooling 2C39 Tubes. I am new to water cooling any
>kind of tubes. I just acquired a 1296 Dual 2C39 Amp with water jackets
>installed on the 2C39 tubes. I understand that these jackets are at the 1200
>VDC Potential. If I run water through the jackets, should I be concerned
>about any conductivity that might flow through the water to ground ( Is there
>such a condition ?? ). What kind of non conductive tubing can I use to flow
>the water through the tubes ( aquarium tubing or something ??? ).
>
>Jeff K7XQ
>http://members.aol.com/k7xq1/k7xq.html

--=====================_3100334==_.ALT

No personal experience here with your tubes or set-up, but lots of
experience with water treatment in industrial applications.&nbsp; First,
for 1200 volts I think that nearly any plastic tubing will be fine
considering the wall thickness of typical tubing.&nbsp; Second, most
water cooled tubes assume the use low conductivity cooling water and a
recirculating system.&nbsp; Bottled distilled or de-ionized water will
typically have a conductivity of well under 5 micromhos (quite often &lt;
1 micromho).<br>
Phil<br>
At 04:57 AM 7/28/2001 -0400, K7xq@aol.com wrote:<br>
All, <br>
Have a question on water cooling 2C39 Tubes. I am new to water cooling
any <br>
kind of tubes. I just acquired a 1296 Dual 2C39 Amp with water jackets
installed on the 2C39 tubes. I understand that these jackets are at the
1200 <br>
VDC Potential. If I run water through the jackets, should I be concerned
about any conductivity that might flow through the water to ground ( Is
there <br>
such a condition ?? ). What kind of non conductive tubing can I use to
flow <br>
the water through the tubes ( aquarium tubing or something ??? ). <br>
Jeff K7XQ <br>
eudora="autourl">http://members.aol.com/k7xq1/k7xq.html</a>