[AMPS] Re: AMPS] Looking for spares for AMP Supply LK500NTC

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: AMPS] Looking for spares for AMP Supply LK500NTC
From: phil@vaxxine.com (Phil (VA3UX))
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 22:21:04 -0400
At 02:13 PM 8/25/2001 -0500, Phil Clements wrote:

>I noticed Omega sells "ProCom" brand 572B's and 3-500Z's.
>Anyone know where these are mfg. and anyone have a track
>record with this brand?

According to one of the guitar amp experts (and he's quite
knowledgeable),  some of the best audio power tubes ever produced came out
of the Pro-Comm factory in Korea. Apparently they are extremely well built,
have unusually long life and and are able to tolerate operation well
outside typical specs. The Pro-Comm factory is apparently geared for
industrial tube production. Until I read this recent comment, I had never
heard of Pro-Comm.  That's as much as I know.

Phil T