[AMPS] time in service indicator

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] time in service indicator
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 08:54:29 -0700
-
Hello there,
-
This months issue of QST has a product review of the new Ten
Tec 416 Titan II HF Amplifier.
-
Ten Tec has chosen to use the Svetlana 4CX1600B tube,
which "should last many, many years and-if there's a problem
Svetlana warranties the tube based on its time in service."
-
The magic words are the statement which follows in the next
few lines....  "According to Scott Robbins, W4PA, of Ten Tec,
Svetlana claims to have a method for determining length of
service by analyzing the tube itself, but this warranty has
yet to be exercised."
-
In large lamps and tubes I deal with, suppliers are providing
products which have small series heater lead time lapse
indicators and we know about thermal paint...
-
What other magic length of service indicator can one install
inside the actual tube..?  Maybe this one got by me...
-
cheers
skipp
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!