[AMPS] RE: HV Power Supply Confirguartion / rectifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RE: HV Power Supply Confirguartion / rectifier
From: carlseye@tampabay.rr.com (carl seyersdahl)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:06:22 -0400
You're right so far, Jeff.you have a voltage doubler ckt. there. Probably
2300-2400 volts no load. 6  450 volt caps in series are good for that much
with a couple hundred  margin. the meter ckt. is generally one or more hi
value resistors in series with the voltmeter and a resistor to ground ,
actually b- . the values of the resistors would depend on the full scale
meter current. At , say, 2500 volts dc, the meter would probably read 3000
full scale, which would require a resistance in series with the meter of
about 3 megohms for a 1 ma. meter movement. the meter would then read about
3/4 scale. Got the idea?? If you need more info  e-mail me anytime, I'll
help if I can..   73
   carl / kz5ca