[AMPS] Problem with Henry 2KD

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Problem with Henry 2KD
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:36:23 -0700
>Last night, I changed tube positions, and the problem stayed with the socket
>position.  I.E. the suspected
>bad tube worked just fine in the other socket, and the "good tube" is now
>not lighting up.

//  As I understand it, Henry bought the less expensive version of the
sockets.  The more costly version with mil-spec heat resistant springs
cost more.  You can make your own clip-on helper springs for pins 1 and 5
(fil,) out austenetic piano wire,  The springs are bent sort of like
bobby pins.  A propane torch can be used to faciitate bending.  No
re-tempering is needed with austenetic steel.
-  A dim filament inevitably results in heating a filament pin [1 or 5],
This can cause the solder inside the pin to melt and drip out.

>... ...

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end