[AMPS] need help with old amp supply lk-500z amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] need help with old amp supply lk-500z amp
From: Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <K4XL@arrl.net (Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:50:35 -0400

<snip>
> first thing I ran into was the manual for the amp did not have a
schematic
> for the power supply portion.  if someone has one and could mail, scan
and
> email, or fax to me I would greatly appreciate it.

Denny didn't do a great job with the manuals, for sure.  Many changes
and additions were made to my LK-800 that were never documented. ( If
anyone has the circuit for the ALO board, I would appreciate a copy.)
However, I believe that the schematic for the power supplies from amp to
amp were basically the same.  If you can't find a schematic for the
LK-500, you might try downloading the one from the LK-800 manual that's
on BAMA.  That, plus your parts list might give you some idea of what to
do.  Then, again, given the quality of the documentation, it might not

> one problem that I see for sure is a blown wire wound resistor.  label
says
> 5W1'ohm symbol'J  so I assume that means it is a 5 watt 1 ohm wire
wound
> device.
>
> right now I am trying to figure out how to get at the board to
determine if
> the filter caps, diodes, and other parts are bad or good.  looking
like
> major dissambly.

73 and good luck with the project.

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net
*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu or
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr