[AMPS] SB-1000 mods?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-1000 mods?
From: Mike" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 09:38:27 -0700
Ian, is there any preference for the type of resistor used for the glitch
resistor?
I have some 25 ohm/25 watt Dale RER type metal body resistors, but I am
concerned that they might be prone to flash over due to the relatively small
gap between the leads and the metal case. Presumeably a ceramic body wire
wound resistor is the way to go. Should I be concerned about inductance
(L*di/dt kick) - some wirewounds seem to be classified as "non-inductive"
whereas some aren't?

Thanks,

Mike, W4EF...........