[AMPS] SB-1000 mods?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-1000 mods?
From: Mike" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 21:03:50 -0700
Hi Rich,

Yes, of course, a faster dump means more peak current - that is my concern. The
10 ohm
resistor and the components/wiring in series with it will experience a peak
current ~3.6 times
greater than with the 36 ohm resistor. At what point do I become concerned?
IOW, what is
the optimum value for the glitch resistor all other things (surge capacity)
being equal? I think
Ian recommends (as a rule of thumb) something like 20 ohms per/KV on his
website.

Thanks!

Mike, W4EF..........