[AMPS] Henry 2kd classic

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 2kd classic
From: Mike" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:02:04 -0700
Yes, my inherited homebrew 811 amp uses something similar. As I
believe you and I discussed before, the 811 circuit is a copy of the
Collins 30L1 bias circuit.

Any dowside risk to gutting the grid cap/choke circuit in the L-7 and
replacing them it Cu straps between the grid terminals of the socket
and chassis? Will this affect the termination impedance that the tuned
input sees significantly?

Making this change to the 811 amp will be a bit more work as it requires
implemention of cathode bias to replace the grid leak resistors that are
in parallel with the grid bypass capacitors (the L-7 operates in zero bias
mode). Of course, I am in less of a hurry to modify the 811 amp because
it has other problems that I need to fix before its fit to go back on the
air:)

Thanks,