[AMPS] IMD

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] IMD
From: Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.com (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:16:32 +0100
2 wrote:
>Many of the dirty signals that I hear seemingly
>involve operator ignorance and/or over-exuberance.

Good point. It emphasizes that the performance of an amplifier is a
combination of several things:

* The tube(s)
* The circuit configuration
* The power supply
* The operator who tunes, loads and drives it.

All of these are important, so it's meaningless to pick out just one and
claim that "triodes are better than tetrodes". Or was it the other way
round? Doesn't matter, it's equally meaningless!

                           http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek