[AMPS] SB-200 Relay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-200 Relay
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:30:36 -0700

>The relay on my SB-200 has apparently failed.  The coil appears to be
>"open".  No current, no closure.
>
>So what's the current wisdom about replacing this relay.

//  If you have an older design slow-T/R switching speed transceiver you
could try:  replacing the 110vdc coil, or replacing the relay.  If you
have a newer design, fast-switching transceiver,  high-speed switching
wud be gud.  (Fig. 7 on my Web site).  Total cost is c. $60.  The
resultant quietness is worth the effort.

>It's described in the manual as: DPDT 110 V AC relay. It seems to be a
>Potter-Brumfield unit.  I haven't removed
>it yet so I haven't got a part number. Rather than track down an exact
>replacement, I figured I'd ask first for advice from
>someone who has already run into and solved the problem.
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Please direct them to me rather
>than clutter up the Reflector.  I have to believe this
>has been thrashed out at an earlier time.

//  Other SB-200 owners are likely to see the same problem, Joe.

good luck

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end