[AMPS] HV warning

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HV warning
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:40:00 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Ogden <na9d@speakeasy.net>
To: John T. M. Lyles <jtml@lanl.gov>; amps@contesting.com
<amps@contesting.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: 12 October 2001 13:22
Subject: Re: [AMPS] HV warning

>But the idea of walking into rooms full of cap banks that have been charged
>with 80KV gives me the willies!  YIKES!
Takes me back to my student days. I spent a long summer working on the
Marconi Martello radar tx. From memory, the ht cabinet had 140kV in it,
delivered 86A during the rf pulse. Lots of work with 3' long insulated
prods, trying to look at mV in the control circuits. I saw some good
standing jumps when people 'accidentally' dropped steel panel on the hanger
floor. Then there was the time that the hose feeding the dummy load split
and sprayed water in there.

It was a particular sort of misfit seemed to end up in that department.
Happy days.

Steve