[AMPS] Calculating input impedance and drive requirements?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Calculating input impedance and drive requirements?
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:11:01 -0400
> I'm unsure as to the correct mathematics and methods
> to calculate the input impedance and drive
> requirements of an amplifier stage.  Seems that I need
> this info in order to design the inputs.
>
> The project at hand is a 4x813 HF amp, cathode-driven,
> with bypassed screen and bias supplies.

Actually that question is too complex, because characteristic
curves for GG 813's is almost certainly not available.

The fastest and best (and probably only) thing is to measure the
driving impedance in your actual circuit, or maybe find someone
who already has measured it.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com