[AMPS] Use of Svetlana. 4CX800 in amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Use of Svetlana. 4CX800 in amp
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:12:13 -0700
>Has anyone used the Svetlana 4CX800 in grounded grid (on HF) by tying the
>screen and control grid together? Is it ok to do with this tube? There is
>and
>inexpensive and plentiful source for these tubes on E-pay and I am giving
>some thought  to buying a few of these tubes.
>Thanks,
>Jim

The 4cx800 is a Class AB1 tetrode that has a 2w max diss, grid.  The grid
normal runs 0w diss.  In grounded-grid, there is substantial grid
current.  Typical g-g service tubes have c. 20w grids.
-  Running AB1 is easier than building a g-g tuned input circuit for each
band that is going to be affected by the length of coax to, and the
Chebyshev filter design in, the radio.

cheers, Jim.

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end