[AMPS] Screen voltage effects???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Screen voltage effects???
From: bjk@ihug.co.nz (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:09:02 +1300
At the risk of being blown away by those more knowledgable:
Rules of thumb:Higher screen volts give greater amplification. Juggle G1
volts to give appropriate standing current for the mode you wish to work.
For good linearity good screen regulation is required, more important than
plate regulation.
Back before the audiophile days I experimented a lot with tube audio amps,
came to the conclusion that the above were sound principles, based on the
measurement systems available ( grocking square waves and listening with
young ears).
73

end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD