[AMPS] QY5-3000A in hf amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] QY5-3000A in hf amp
From: Martin@g1gyc.demon.co.uk (Martin John Hallsworth)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 21:08:46 -0000

>Does anyone on the list have experience of using the QY5-3000A tetrode,
>originally made for VHF television service. This old Mullard product might
>not have surfaced much outside the UK, though there may be some US or other
>equivalent. I would like to exchange notes with anyone who has tried one in
>an hf amp.

was given one of them once ..... made a damn good paper weight !!!
Really big anode cooler.
I did get some data but I doubt I still have it.
(I passed the Valve on to some one whom wanted it)
I do remember that the HT is about 5Kv max @ 1.3 amps
and that 3 watts of drive @ 30 Mhz  would give 1200W+ output

I will look to see if I can find the data and let you know if I do.

73 Martin