[AMPS] Re:QY5-3000A in hf amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:QY5-3000A in hf amp
From: howard.adaire@connectfree.co.uk (Howard Aspinall)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 11:45:18 -0000
Thanks Martin. I do have a copy of the Mullard Transmitting Manual which
includes operating details of the QY5-3000. The problem is for SSB service
the info supplied is almost approaching class A....very inefficient. My own
experiments with the tube have moved towards class B using the figures in
the book for audio service. I now have info on the Phillips equivalent which
shows class B details for SSB. A specimen with low emission is used here as
additional ballast for the homebrew electronic keyer to stop it wandering
across the desk......it works well in that application!

Best wishes

Howard Aspinall G3RXH