[AMPS] High filament voltage etc

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] High filament voltage etc
From: Douglas.R.Snowden@noaa.gov (Douglas R Snowden)
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 15:36:19 -0500
I have an amp that runs a single 4CX800.  Knowing various ways to
limit the filament voltage, I haven't bothered to do it yet. It runs
about 12.9 volts.  My question is, how does this come into play
regarding other voltages?  In otherwords will high filament voltage
cause idle current to be on the high side? If that is the case, then
the grid bias would need to be higher compared to a tube that had
12.6v on the filament.  Or would the hiher fil voltage not make a
difference?

Doug N4IJ