[AMPS] AL1500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL1500
From: oz1pif@get2net.dk (Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:29:26 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@akorn.net>
To: "alex" <alex@sandlabs.com>; <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>; "Peter Chadwick"
<Peter.Chadwick@zarlink.com>
Cc: "amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 3:45 PM
Subject: RE: [AMPS] AL1500

> > Tom says:
>
>Snib snib

It's tough to find a good source of glass tubes any more, and
> you'd better have a big dumpster to throw tubes in if you do
> reliability testing on modern 572B's and 3-500Z's!
> 73, Tom W8JI
Amen to that, after ruining 4 Svetlana 572Bs in my decrepit old FL2000B, I
ripped it apart, upgraded the powersupply (NEW caps and diodes and (feeding
the 200V primary with 230V) now giving some 2900V)AND a new tube a QB4/1100.
The amp is now working better than ever, churning out 600W+ on 4 lower bands
and 500W on 10m, and it NEVER gives any trouble, and easy to tune to boot!.
(if interested see my homepage for details)

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@get2net.dk
http://hjem.get2net.dk/oz1pif
Ph. +45 4619 3239