[AMPS] Stupid transformer question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Stupid transformer question
From: jflanders2@home.com (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 12:45:26 -0500
Before connecting to 230VAC, add two 100 w light bulbs in series with the
primary to control any runaway current suggested by Tom. Otherwise, same
test as suggested before. If a digi MM is handy, measure AC v across
primary when the bulbs dim to estimate secondary "test" voltage.

How now?

I had in mind a 1 amp fuse, but didn't specify value. If core saturates,
fuse blows, no problem(?)

Jerry W4UK