[AMPS] Conclusions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Conclusions
From: José de Sá" <ct1eeb@mail.telepac.pt (José de Sá)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 00:41:05 -0000
Ok, just done as all of you adviced.
First of all let me apologize for posting this in Towertalk,
I have now subscribed the Amps mailing list as well.
Now to the conclusions:

A) Yes the Ameritron open air relay system is a poor
      piece of work, as soon as I opened the Linear and
      touch the relay I had imediate changes in reception
      levels.

B) I cleaned the relay contacts

C) I did resolder the white wires going from the PL chassis
     connectors to the relay.

D) I tryed to align the best I could the relay contacts, but this
      open air relay that Ameritron send me seems badly fragil
      (worst than the original one), as soon as you touch it your reception
      goes, even if it is a slight touch.

You were right it is the Linear Relay.

Now after all this, the AL-1500 seems to be working properly and
until now I had no more problems, lets see how long it will hold.

Thank you all for your help.

73

Jose  CT1EEB
http://www.qsl.net/ct1eeb