[AMPS] Bird peak reading meter? Slightly off topic

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Bird peak reading meter? Slightly off topic
From: JimMoci@aol.com (JimMoci@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:27:13 EST

--part1_63.653f29a.2997f961_boundary

A question for the guru's out here about peak reading meters. I have a Nye
Viking RF power monitor and in the peak reading mode it seems to be pretty
accurate when measuring AM power. When running some of my old, plate
modulated boatanchors thru it I get a reading of 4 times the carrier power
when modulating. When reducing modulation below 100% the reading goes down
accordingly. My question is- Does the Bird PEP reading kit work like this
also? The old 43 is so slow responding to anything and I dont want to waste
my money on it if it does not work on AM. I want to mount one into an old
broadcast rig that I tuned up on 160meters but I dont want to punch an extra
hole if I am not going to get the desired readings.
Thanks for your input!
Jim

--part1_63.653f29a.2997f961_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>A question for the guru's out
here about peak reading meters. I have a Nye Viking RF power monitor and in the
peak reading mode it seems to be pretty accurate when measuring AM power. When
running some of my old, plate modulated boatanchors thru it I get a reading of
4 times the carrier power when modulating. When reducing modulation below 100%
the reading goes down accordingly. My question is- Does the Bird PEP reading
kit work like this also? The old 43 is so slow responding to anything and I
dont want to waste my money on it if it does not work on AM. I want to mount
one into an old broadcast rig that I tuned up on 160meters but I dont want to
punch an extra hole if I am not going to get the desired readings.
<BR>Thanks for your input!
<BR>Jim </FONT></HTML>

--part1_63.653f29a.2997f961_boundary--