[Amps] 10 Stages of a DXer

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 10 Stages of a DXer
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (Richard)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 06:58:21 -0800
>Maybe 15 years, ago a one page humorous article appeared in one of the
>popular Ham Radio journals.  Titled "The 10 Stages of a DXer,"  it
>chronicled the evolution of a DXer from dipole through divorce to
>dementia.

Editorial:
I went to High School with daughters of HF DXers.  According to their
girlfriends, both seemingly had bad-news baggage in the closet.

I also knew the daughter of a prominent VHF/UHF DXer who spent much time
tinkering in the garage.  During her semi-adulthood, the daughter proved
to be an extra-class misanthrist (opposite of misogynist) -- a.k.a.,
"man-eater".

Norwegian playwright Henrick Ibsen was right -- "The sins of the fathers
are visited on the children."
*Ghosts* (1881)

cheerz

www.vcnet.com/measures.