[Amps] re:(amps 10 meters)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] re:(amps 10 meters)
From: na9d-2@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:49:17 -0600
on 3/14/02 10:20 AM, Jim Strohm at jstrohm@texas.net wrote:

> We saw how pervasive this problem was when the US bailed out Chrysler.  I
> would not be surprised to see something like this happen again -- after
> all, just yesterday the Senate handed Detroit a signiicant disincentive to
> modernize cars wehn they axed the improved mileage requirement from an
> energy package.

This is way off topic for the reflector, but I can't let this go by
untouched. That's a bunch of BS you spout.

The facts are that in order to make more fuel efficient engines, they will
have to be smaller and less powerful.  You can't get something for nothing.
Unless they can somehow develop an engine that is able to convert less of
its energy into heat, you can't improve a large SUV engine to something that
gets 36 mpg and has the same performance.

I don't want an SUV with a 4 cylinder engine.  This is America and if I want
to drive a gas guzzler, I want to do so.

And the last thing one wants is the government mandating innovation.  Since
when have government mandates ever worked like that.

Let's see, the last major government that mandated everything was the
country named the USSR.  That country doesn't exist any more and the
countries that came out of it are a total mess today.

73,

Jon
NA9D - Owner of 2, 8 cylinder SUVs!