[Amps] ft1000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] ft1000
From: na9d-2@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:07:45 -0600
There were a number of circuit enhancements, fixes, etc. over the life of
the FT-1000 product.  If you contact Yaesu, they will (at least they did for
me) provide a free firmware and hardware upgrade of the radio.  You need to
pay for shipping it to them (about $50 to $60).

The difference between the FT-1000 and the FT-1000D is that the D has most
of the extra filters in it, it has a second bandpass filter that allows
receiving 2 bands on 2 antennas and it also has a high stability TCXO.  A
standard 1000 can easily be upgraded to a "D" by adding these things.

As far as the 1000MP series, it's a completely different radio all together.

73,

Jon
NA9D